It's been almost a year now since I began taking the beginning steps to starting my own business. It all began with a thought. The thought developed into a vision. The vision began to take on a reality with each step of planning and preparing.
Some people say you have to be brave to start a business of your own. I don't know about brave but you do have to have a passion, a drive, and a vision in your heart and mind that can thrust you through the steps and disappointments and discouragement that can meet you at the door of transition.
What started as a glimmer of thought began to grow as I fed it day by day and dared to see the possibilities.
So much fear can keep us from stepping into dreams, desires, and possibilities in our life. Thoughts like,
"I'm not sure I could actually do that!"
"Who am I kidding?"
" I should just stay where it's safe!"
We end up giving in to those negative, defeating, dream crushing thoughts and staying in our own safe little corner of the world.
If the dream is in you, you have the raw material to see your dream fulfilled. All you need to do is add knowledge and skill.
Dare to step out into the adventure of life and experience what it's like to really live your life with purpose and intention in fulfilling your dreams.
I normally hate roller coasters. I am much more of a stay-on-the- ground-and-watch kind of person. However, when I decided to transition into my full time business, it was like stepping onto a roller coaster ride that would definitely be an adventure and the ride of my life.
I felt like if I could just make the decision, I would experience more of life than I had ever thought was possible.
Here are seven statements of encouragement for those of you who just need a nudge:
1. Don't be afraid to dream! Fear is your enemy! Allow yourself to think about the possibilities.
2. Don't be afraid to believe in yourself and what you have inside! You are uniquely made and have so much inside you ready to step into.
3. Put action to your dream and be willing to take the first step and then the next step and then the next step! It's always a process!
4. Be willing to learn what you don't know yet! We should always be learning. Just because you don't know every aspect of the business world does not mean you can't learn.
5. Allow yourself to express your creativity! We are creative beings! Express yourself in your dreams and planning.
6. Expect that you have within you what you need to fulfill the dream you have inside! You have the seed inside you for your dreams.
7. Get support from encouraging friends or relatives and other business owners! Talk to others about your dreams and possibilities. Allow them to support and encourage you.
There is no feeling like stepping out of your safe little box of your safe thinking and seeing for the first time what life is like in the realm of possibilities! Be who your were created to be! Experience life! Live your life with intention!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C.S. Lewis
Discovering Life Together!